Meet Jason Calacanis, the man behind the Silicon Alley Reporter in mid 90s, Weblogs Inc parent company of the engadget blogging hall of fame and now Mahalo, the human-powered search engine. Get to know Jason through 14+ quick facts about his web and personal life including favorite books and relaxing destinations, entrepreneurial tips and web predictions.
It was a pleasure meeting Calacanis, a former A-list passionate blogger sharing knowledge and love with, frankly speaking, anyone around him. Enjoy reading after the jump.
Top 3 blogs one should read at least once a week
Top 3 mistakes you did but never repeated again
1. Not selling my first company for 20 millions (Silicon Alley Reporter)
2. Not taking a year off between companies one and two (Silicon Alley Reporter, Weblogs Inc)
3. Not taking a year off between companies two and three (Weblogs Inc, Mahalo)
Top 3 web predictions for the next 8-12 months
1. Many small web 2.0 companies will shutter
2. Great companies will buy the smaller companies
3. Google will have it’s first product shut down and/or layoffs
Top 3 tips for entrepreneurs
1. Just start
2. Never stop
3. Have fun
Top 3 relaxing destinations
1. Greek Islands
3. Kauai Hawaii
Top 3 inspirational books
Hot web 2.0 sites used in the last 6 months?
Believe in dreams or make them happen?
Make them happen
How many hours do you work a day?
0, my job is 100% play
Hard work, luck or loads of empathy?
Hard work, with a little luck
Favorite QWERTY smartphone?
Favorite food and wine?
Korean BBQ and Veuve Clicquot (but not together)
When do you give up?
Love of your life?
[photo via joi]