Saturday 12 August: easyJet business as usual
easyJet intends to operate a full flying programme on Saturday 12 August 2006 as the situation at airports across the UK returns to normal, albeit with increased security measures in place.
However, passengers are advised to check in as early as possible – easyJet check-in desks are opening three hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight, and will close promptly 40 minutes prior. In our experience intensified security checks will lengthen the time between check-in and boarding so we advise passengers to plan to check-in as early as possible.
Passengers and cabin baggage
The following arrangements apply to all passengers starting their journey at a UK airport and to those transferring between flights at a UK airport.
With immediate effect all cabin baggage must be processed as hold baggage and carried in the hold of the aircraft. To minimise the inconvenience this may cause, we are temporarily increasing our hold baggage allowance from 20kg to 25kg per person.
All passengers will be hand searched, as well as their footwear and all of the items they are carrying will be x-ray screened.
Passengers may take through the airport security search point, in a single (ideally transparent) plastic carrier bag, only the following items.
Nothing may be carried in pockets:
* pocket size wallets and pocket size purses plus contents (for example money, credit cards, identity cards etc (not handbags));
* travel documents essential for the journey (for example passports and travel tickets);
* prescription medicines and medical items sufficient and essential for the flight (eg, diabetic kit), except in liquid form unless verified as authentic.
* spectacles and sunglasses, without cases.
* contact lens holders, without bottles of solution.
* for those traveling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight (nappies, wipes, creams and nappy disposal bags).
* female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if unboxed (eg tampons, pads, towels and wipes).
* tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs
* keys (but no electrical key fobs)